after an eon of darkness
Beyond the utterance of death
I creep to solitude and a known embrace
Chants of peace fall on me like snow on Lake Grief
A heart a mirror a mire
A shadow bandying my words
Numb pleasures climbing up the veins
Deep-routed mountains of guts and entrails
Shaken deep, buried deep,
Alive but an inch too deep to know
How have I loved you?
Did I bear you in my womb, and give suck?
Ha! I have no breasts
No passages to let a serpent through
I am but a shadow of my words
And have no voice at all
I creep to solitude and a known embrace
Chants of peace fall on me like snow on Lake Grief
A heart a mirror a mire
A shadow bandying my words
Numb pleasures climbing up the veins
Deep-routed mountains of guts and entrails
Shaken deep, buried deep,
Alive but an inch too deep to know
How have I loved you?
Did I bear you in my womb, and give suck?
Ha! I have no breasts
No passages to let a serpent through
I am but a shadow of my words
And have no voice at all
Comments