The Lesser Woman
Small blessings. Battered winds yowling at the grotto she lay in.
So many leaves have fallen with their buds
And worms, gone like smell of warm food to a hungry mouth.
How did my land lay?
How did they break in, and the sack, the pillage, the burn?
Days of laughter and glory be unto our Lord
Mercy, White Knight and blazing chariot,
Here I weep, and die, rescue me not,
Neither haul me from sleep, nor sorrow
For in my arms I carry, a portion
little bundle of joy thy witch bore thee.
But it is cold, and moves not.
Ahh! Cold, like charity,
And Icy, cold, numb, like love
That which is me, gone
That which was you, gone, too
Vanished from the lay of this land
The lay, la lay, lay la la, lay la lay
Hush little baby, don't you cry,
You knew you'd die
I will sing for you and I bring for you
All those things that are nothing for you
And then I rock you on my lap
We jump round the fire and moan with the wind
We break and break and scatter the sky
We dance like ache and bloat like fog
Until we be no more
No more
No more
How did my land lay?
We walked on the skeletons in the ground
The stones and bones of the earth in muffled sounds
I saw a man-lion tearing up the womb of a woman.
A lotus bloomed from the ruin and held a baby in its petals.
The half-beast took it.
Follow the hearse.
Petals dried overnight on my cherry tree.
I just had pointless romance to feed.
now all my swallows are scattered, alike
Follow the hearse.
Peace, Witch, Come away
Come to your stake and burn
Crying thus my knight leaps from his white charger
And grapples me by my raven hair
It reaps! Oh! The pain! My feathers torn! Ahh! I writhe, I curse, die, man, die and let me be.
Me porté como quien soy.
Como un gitano legítimo.
He dies. And Lo! The chariot! His golden chariot!
A pumpkin and no more! A pumpkin,
And rats, the smell of rats!
My guts are coming out through my mouth
The blood, the smell, a putrid smell coming out,
Gushing, running forth
My eyes see blood, tongue blood fingers blood
Ohh this blood salt warm copper fill
Fill the horizon, drench it, kill it
Choke the sun in blood,
Tear the veins
Scatter the flowers
Obliterate
Thus I saw her last, the witch of the howling winds
Ragged and torn
She jumped, jumped and was gone
Long after, the winds sang
Moaning, moaning
No tengo útero, no tengo, no tengo
Comments