As if there is Sanity

The world is sane again? I find it checkered and blotched like a night with two shadows. Deep in the cavern a song of mortality rose in swirling mist----Beyond all existence there is Death. But it is my aloneness that makes me real. I am alone, and so real, and so I exist---and so shall I die.

What makes you wait? Huh? What makes you cry inwards? Does pain eat up your vitals when you show love to another? Do you bite your lips when in angry spasms some deathly pale name will break from you? Oh---Hear All----there goes the grandest Martyr of them all--- in tatters, brandishing his templar's Cross through the storms of the petty world----Behold him in his great misery! Ahh, me, there, where the blood drips from his brow, beneath his Holy Sepulchre, is written---the time has come and gone forever!

I lay awake the night between the screaming innards. Peace! Dear Sanity, sacrifices lie on the altar----I take you, to have and not to hold----to love and to betray always, to desire and never to touch-----till death us do part----

Comments

Popular Posts